Designed to provide a comfortable home for two or three families with skiing children
an luxurious escape in the french alps
Key Features of the Chalet
- Sleeps 12
- Ski in/ski out
- Overlooks nursery slopes
- Located within 100m of the village centre, yet tucked away in a quiet spot within 200m of the main gondola lift
- All pistes have snow cannons
- 8-person Jacuzzi opening onto terrace
- Four double bedrooms, all with en suite bathrooms and balcony and Bose music systems. Three of the rooms also have a satellite TV
- Small gym
- Bunks for 4 in additional bedroom (with shower/steam room)
- Large sitting room with log fire, opening onto south facing terrace
- Games room containing 3D TV, movies, Xbox One, board games
- Wi-Fi throughout
- Spirits bar and extensive wine cellar
- Heated boot warmers, and off-piste kits, toboggans, snow shoes etc
- Offered on a self-catered basis but partial catering can be arranged
an experience like no other
Inside the Chalet
The middle floor, containing kitchen, dining area and seating area for 14, with a log fire in the corner. The front of the sitting room area has large sliding doors opening onto a large terrace, with outside dining, sun loungers, BBQ. There is an additional toilet on this floor.
The kitchen is fully equipped, with dishwasher, Emma Bridgewater crockery, and Illy espresso machine and pods. Bread is delivered daily to the chalet to your order.
To the left of the sitting room is a small Gym with elliptical cross trainer, rowing machine and weights; this opens out to the Jacuzzi on the terrace.
Top floor contains the entrance hall, and the four double bedrooms, all with doors leading onto balconies. Three of the bedrooms have their own televisions with DVD, and all bedrooms have Bose MP3 hifi systems and wifi.
Each bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, hair-dryer, towels, dressing gowns and a range of Moulton Brown beauty products with which to pamper yourselves after a long day on the slopes. Details of physios and masseuses who will visit the chalet can be found in our housebook (at your cost).
Families with kids will appreciate their own large games room with 3D TV and Freeview, an extensive movie library for all ages, an Xbox One, Bose music system with iPhone connection, Apple TV, and board games to occupy them whilst the parents can relax and grab some peace upstairs in the lounge.
At the other end of the room are four adult-size bunk beds, and the there is also a sofa bed if friends want to drop in for the night…(making 14 beds at a pinch).
Attached to the bunkroom is a walk-in shower which doubles as a steam room; complete with scented oils.
There is no reason as to why what is essentially a self-catered holiday should not be luxurious, and reasonably restful too. There are a number of touches which we think will help.
- Wrap yourself in warm fluffy towels and dressing-gowns
- Moulton Brown bath essences and toileteries
- Spirit bar – use what’s there, leave what you bring….
- Wine cellar – a large selection of wines on an honour bar system*
- You can arrange with our excellent house manager, Barbara, who has organised us for 13 years, to have a supermarket shop delivered in advance to the chalet*
- Baby-sitting can be arranged with Barbara on request*
- A mid-week clean can be arranged with Barbara on request*
- You can select some dishes from a frozen menu to be prepared and delivered in advance of your stay* – see frozen menu here or delivery menu here
- Depending upon availability, we can arrange for our excellent chef, Gina (ex-Rhubard in London), to come in a cook a dinner party
- The kitchen is stocked ( not perishables)
- Illy espresso machine and pods
- Boots dried and warmed on our boot warmers
- Snow-shoes and other kit in the boot-room
* please note that these extras are not included in the cost.
There is a utility room with washing machine, drier and freezer and microwave, along with big radiators for drying blizzard-soaked ski gear. By prior arrangement pre-prepared food can be left in the freezer (at your cost). Alternatively, we can secure a chef to come in for one or more nights.
The boot room has heated boot warmers, and is accessed via the lower balcony, so as not to bring snow into the chalet itself.
We take our skiing seriously – and so have kitted the chalet out with walkie-talkies, four sets of off-piste avalanche sets (ski-touring rucksacks, transceivers, probes, shovels), along with toboggans, short-skis – all available for you to use/experiment with. For those who don’t want to skis we have a couple of sets of snow-shoes – there are lovely trails through the trees to follow, straight out of the chalet.
After a long day on the slopes, you may wish to relax with a glass of excellent wine. Our wine cellar contains a wide selection of French wines and champagnes, at a range of price points, which you are welcome to use on our honour bar system.